Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Würzburg, Germany


I got to go to Germany this weekend and visit a nice little city called Würzburg. It is the university city of my friend, Andreas. I'm happy I got to see him and also visit a German city!

Here are some of the photos I took of the city:


Old Main Bridge 

With the cobblestones and statues, this bridge reminded me of Prague's Charles Bridge. A miniature version! 









An awesome home-made meal!

The best stew I've ever ate! The ingredients included ground beef, onions, garlic, potatoes, Asian cabbage, tomato sauce, and some seasoning.  





Würzburg Residenz 

The residence-palace of the city's former Prince-Bishops. It was built during the 1700s, but many parts got damaged during WWII and had to be renovated. Still, I thought the monument was very impressive both inside and out!





The Court Garden 

The garden behind the palace. A pleasant place to take a walk! Lots of trees, bushes, flowers, and statues. 









Dessert time! 

I got to try some sweet stuff =) Chocolates and a piece of cake. 







Andreas
My wonderful host! Many thanks for the great weekend! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment