Sunday, August 1, 2010

new fisheye lens


My fisheye lens arrived in the mail today!!
(Opteka .35x HD² Super Wide Angle Panoramic Macro Fisheye Lens)

Tested it out on random objects inside and outside my house:







The lens is fun to play around with, particularly cause I like the effect of this kind of spheric distortion. This lens has the ability to take macro and wide angle pictures. I think there is quite a lot I can do with it, but I will need practice to realize its potential.

*****

I finally started reading the Life of Pi. It's quite an enjoyable book and many things in there make me smile and laugh. I particularly enjoyed the narrator's description of the sloth at the beginning. It makes me want to smile at a sloth next time I see one because he made it sound like such an adorable little creature!

Today's visit to the beach made me question why on earth a bunch of seagulls would be afraid of a single human being, who has no other advantage except being naturally bigger in size. If anything, it should be the human who is afraid of the seagulls, for they have sharp beaks and there are SO many of them. Wouldn't the human be running for his live if all the seagulls decided to gang-up on him?

No comments:

Post a Comment